Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back to the writing board!

So after a long and tiring six months, I am back to writing Frost once more. In addition, I am planning on entering NaNoWriMo 2014!
For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo means, it stands for 'National Novel Writing Month.' It doesn't really make sense considering it's an international effort to write a 50,000+ word novel on a topic of your choice within the month of November. There are numerous others online where people can attempt the same or similar challenge in other months of the year, but NaNoWriMo in November is where it all started.
You find people to buddy up with and to give each other constructive criticism, inspiration and ideas, whilst ever-working toward that goal of becoming a winner at the end of the month. Last year's prizes included an opportunity to win a publishing contract, free paperback and hard cover copies of their NaNoWriMo books, Scrivener for 50% off, plus more!
P.S. Let me tell you, 50% off Scrivener was totally worth it! Especially paying by AUD seeing as it racks up the price a fair bit!
As for my book, Frost, for those of you who are eagerly awaiting news about the Poseidon's Girls trilogy, I am still searching for beta readers to read the work and give me tips on how I can improve my writing. I am currently up to writing Chapter 3 of Frost, so any beta readers and/or reviewers to help me out would be excellent!
That's about it for the meanwhile. This morning I've reached 695 downloads of Ice from Smashwords and its premium distributors, and I hope that now that I am no longer worrying about TAFE that I will be able to focus on writing some more.
Thank you to everyone who has read my writing so far and given me such excellent ratings, too. It is for you that I write and continue to pursue my passion. You are the people who make dreams like my own come true. I wish each and every single one of you the absolute best!
For now, I shall write for the reading future of indie authors tomorrow!
- M.S. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment